Most people will feel lonely at some point in their life. It is a deeply personal experience that in most cases will thankfully pass. A growing number of people, particularly with older people, can let it define their lives and have a significant impact on their well being.
Did you know for example:
- 3.6 million older people in the UK live alone, of whom over 2 million are aged 75+*
- 1.9 million older people
ofterfeel ignored or invisible*
- It has been proven that loneliness can be as harmful to health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day*
Here at People
- Companionship – visiting, conversing and doing activities together in the home.
- Days out – accompanying on days out or to appointments
- Helping by introducing them to activities, clubs and other people.
- Offering advice and support to combat loneliness.
If you have a friend or relative who is lonely and needs some additional support please contact the team here at PeopleFirst.
* Taken from Age UK website.